sobota 19. března 2011

WHAT A GIRL WANTS, WHAT A GIRL NEEDS

I've had an interesting conversation with my sort-of-a-mate on our high school ball about marriage helping women in emancipation. My preremptory statement (stated with a bottle of wine, glass of malibu and whiskey in blood) was NO. Marriage doesn't help women get emancipated. Although, I couldn't think, right at that moment,  about any reasonable argument. Luckily, he had the same opinion. He also said, that some other people had opposite attitude. Their main arguments were that marriage expands catalouge of rights of women (as a lawyer-in-studies I close my eyes in the face of that argument), that for many people it's not only a paper where your new name is written and that they take is as some kind of vow... Since I was pretty drunk discussing this thing, I wasn't really thinking about it. But later, taking shower (you know your best ideas come from shower or toilet) I started to wonder about it again and came to a brand new idea.

Women don't need to be emancipated, they already are. Men are those who need a little emancipation.

See this as a fact. The least emancipated woman I can imagine is a housewife. Kept in a household, with a man paying everything for her and reminding her of it all the time he can, she totally can't be free as an emancipated manager sleeping with a twenty-year-old bunny guy... But consider following situation:
Husband gets a young mistress, kicks our housewife out and lives for five months happily with a blonde miracle, that has never seen a broom. Finding out that his big-boop princess is totally useless and missing his housewife, he kick mistress. And now what? Dinner time, fridge empty, so is the oven, ingredients left are dog's food and a chocolate bar. What can he do?
Now cut, let's have a look at our housewife. Terribly depressed, she didn't lose her sensibility and event hough she has never worked before, she found herself a job cleaning other people's houses. She doesn't have problem making a good meal, so she doesn't starve or eat through restaurants and fast foods. She is capable of living her life on her own, with nobody's help. Is our husband that capable? I am not really sure.

So does a woman need an emancipation? No, I don't think so... But men... Well, think about it, men...

Žádné komentáře: